i'm just saying…

January 24, 2010

.3-year-old dies in accidental hanging.

Filed under: in the news,Uncategorized — capricious_me @ 9:23 am

FIRESTONE, Colo. — A 3-year-old boy has died in an accidental hanging on the cords of a window blind.

 Weld County coroner investigator Corinna Pina-Belmarez said it appeared the boy was trying to look out a window Thursday when he became entangled in the cords and asphyxiated.

 Daniel David Sutton was pronounced dead at the Firestone home Thursday.

Pina-Belmarez said the boy’s mother and sister found him hanging from the window blind cords when they went into a room to wake him up from a nap. Authorities did not release the names of the parents.

 The Consumer Product Safety Commission has ordered a massive recall of window blinds, stating that 120 children have died from strangulation in the past 20 years. The Window Covering Safety Council offers free repair kits by calling 1-800-506-4636.

Advertisements

1 Comment »

  1. That hurts my heart… very sad!

    Comment by Sara — January 29, 2010 @ 1:28 pm | Reply


RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: