in honor of Mental Floss Magazine’s 50th issue, they’ve included 50 fun facts they have picked up over the years. below were the facts i found most interesting:
* In the 1970s, Mattel sold a doll called “Growing Up Skipper.” Her breasts grew when her arm was turned.
* Only female mosquitoes will bite you.
* At the 2010 Grammy Awards, Taylor Swift won more Grammys (4) than Elvis did his entire career (3).
* There was a long-lost fourth member of the Snap/Crackle/Pop gang. “Pow” represented Rice Krispies’ explosive nutritional value.
* Kool-Aid was originally marketed as “Fruit Smack.”
* Uncle Sam was based on Samuel Wilson, who worked as a meat inspector during the War of 1812.
* When Woodrow Wilson married Edith Galt, the real Chef Boyardee (Hector Boiardi) catered the event.
* “Jay” used to be slang for “foolish person.” So when a pedestrian ignored street signs, he was referred to as a “jaywalker.”
* M&M’s actually stands for “Mars & Murrie’s,” the last names of the candy’s founders.
Click below to read the other Amazing Facts!